Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Grilled Cajun Orange Roughy

My goal is to post about eight recipes a month.  I am so not going to make it this month!  I have tried a couple of recipes that need some serious adjustments before they are ready to post.  Plus, it has just been a crazy busy month for us.  So, I hope to get a few more in this month before it ends!

Here is a surprisingly easy recipe for fish on the grill.  I got a great deal on orange roughy and found this delicious recipe here.  I doubled the garlic because we love garlic.  I also doubled the salt because I used a lower sodium seasoned salt in place of regular salt.  I used half of the paprika, simply because I ran out and didn't want to run to the store before dinner.  I reprinted the recipe below rather than simply linking to it to include our grilling instructions as the original recipe provided broiler instructions.  Enjoy!



Grilled Cajun Orange Roughy
This recipe was adapted from How to Grill Gluten-Free Cajun Orange Roughy by Danna Korn and Connie Sarros.

4 5 oz orange roughy filets
2 T butter or margarine*, melted
½ t garlic powder
1 t paprika
½ t cumin
¼ t seasoned salt
¼ t freshly ground black pepper
¼ t cayenne pepper
¼ t thyme
½ t oregano
1/8 t sugar

Preheat grill.  Rinse the filets and pat dry.  Combine the butter, garlic powder, paprika, cumin, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, thyme, oregano, and sugar into a paste.  Spoon 1/4 of the mixture on top of each filet, spreading evenly over each piece.  Wrap filets in aluminum foil and cook over direct heat for about 7-8 minutes or until flakes easily with a fork.  For a Kamado style smoker and convection grill cook over direct heat of about 300o
Serves 4

*For those allergic to dairy, make sure your margarine is dairy-free.

Note:  For the amount of cayenne pepper used, it was a little spicier than I expected.  While we loved this, some may need to adjust for a milder flavor.  The original recipe includes nutritional information here.

1 comment:

  1. We grilled some Tilapia over the weekend using this recipe. It was also really good.

    ReplyDelete