Thursday, June 27, 2013

Stovetop Cheddar Mac

I was having one of those moments when I didn't know what to cook and I needed to go to the store.  I looked in my kitchen trying to come up with something that wouldn't require going out.  I decided to try some quick macaroni and cheese.  We usually eat the box variety, as my husband prefers it, but my youngest doesn't really like it.  I thought trying homemade macaroni and cheese might be more appealing and we should give it a try.

I know most macaroni and cheese recipes are baked but I was looking for something a little quicker.  I found this Rachel Ray recipe for a quick stove top version.  I had the ingredients on hand.  We don't usually have half and half but I had it left over from when we made our Baggie Ice Cream.  I imagine you could also use milk but would just need to slightly adjust the milk.  I will try that the next time I make it.  I want to find a good recipe for baked macaroni and cheese but this one is a really good quick fix for your cheesy macaroni craving!
 

Stovetop Cheddar Mac - I made as described in this recipe.  Please click to link.   

No comments:

Post a Comment