Thursday, March 13, 2014

Chocolate Pudding Pie

One of my good friend's family always has chocolate pie for Christmas.  I have often been visiting her when they were enjoying the leftovers.  It always looks so delicious.  I have often thought it would be good pie to make egg-free, since the chocolate could easily be made with an egg-free pudding like mixture. 

I recently came across this recipe on Pinterest and decided to give it a try, especially since it was already egg-free.  I also had every intention to make the crust in the recipe.  In my attempt to half the crust recipe, I halved part of the ingredients and not others.  Fail.  I was then out of butter.  So, rather than take a trip to the store.  I made one of my old stand-by shortening crust recipes, which happened to be quicker crust recipe.  The butter crust in the recipe is a little more involved. 

Regardless, of which crust you use, this pie is delicious!  We will for sure be having it again.  I think I may make it a Christmas tradition at my house.  I could even make a gluten-free crust-less version for my brother-in-law. 


My pictures do not do this pie justice.  Look at the pictures in the link!


Chocolate Pudding Pie - Click to link to recipe. 

Gluten-free Notes:  The filling in this recipe could easily be made gluten-free.  Just make sure you are using a gluten-free vanilla and bittersweet chocolate.  Then put the filling in your favorite gluten-free crust or make it crust-less!

No comments:

Post a Comment