Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Coffee Cake {Egg-free}

Happy Valentine's Day!  Today, I made this yummy coffee cake for my precious valentines.  A little cinnamon and sugar sure does get the day off to a sweet start.  This is an old family recipe that I have converted to be egg free.  I must say. . .the egg is not missed!



Coffee Cake

½ c sugar
8 T (salted) butter or margarine, separated
1 c milk
2 c flour
4 T sugar
1 t cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350o.  Cream together ½ c sugar and 3 T margarine.  Stir in milk.  Add baking powder and flour, stirring until incorporated.  Pour into a greased 8” square baking pan.  Cube remaining margarine into small cubes and sprinkle over top of cake.  Gently push margarine cubes down into batter, leaving them partially exposed.  Combine cinnamon and 4 T sugar and sprinkle over batter.  Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes.
Serves 9

Note:
I took a picture of the prepared batter right before it went into the oven.  You can see the cubed margarine under the cinnamon and sugar mixture.  I cannot remember exactly how many cubes I cut the remaining 5 T margarine, but I know it was more than 50 little cubes.

No comments:

Post a Comment