Saturday, April 6, 2013

Homemade Bread {Egg-free, Dairy-free}

I can't think of many things that smell better than bread baking in your oven.  I have been craving fresh bread . . . or maybe just the smell of it!  I found this recipe on Pinterest from the The Hungry Mouse food blog.  Her step-by-step pictures are perfect for a first time homemade bread baker!  I found her instructions very descriptive and easy to follow.  My bread came out perfectly on the first attempt.  Delicous!


Homemade Bread - click to link to recipe.

Dairy-free notes:  This recipe calls for 2 tablespoons of butter.  I am pretty confident you can easily use a non-dairy substitute.  I have labeled the recipe as dairy-free, unless I hear that someone tries it and it didn't work.

2 comments:

  1. I tried your above bread recipe but because of a dairy allergy I used a butter substitute (Good Earth soy-free) and the bread dough did not rise. It was crumbly and very dry. My yeast was good so I was wondering what went wrong. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not exactly sure what went wrong. I don't make bread all that often and found this recipe online. I do know that yeast can be very finicky so a lot of little things can go wrong with the dissolving and rising... I would try again and make sure your water was warm, that it dissolved as described in the pictures and that it was left to rise in a room temperature area.

      Delete