Monday, May 21, 2012

Betty Crocker Muffins {made Egg-free}


So many of the allergy free mixes, omit several allergens.  I understand that is in the best interest of the company to attract a larger consumer base.  But these mixes can be a tad expensive and often test like something is missing.  So, I was determined to make adjustments to some 'normal' mixes to only omit egg.  My post for Pillsbury Cupcakes {made Egg-free} was so popular, I wanted to share the most requested muffins at my house.  My oldest child likes these better than my homemade banana muffins.

I am not trying to promote any particular brand of mix.  From trial and error, I have found some brands work better than others, depending on what I am making.


Betty Crocker Muffins {made Egg-free}     
          
1 box Betty Crocker muffin mix1
3/4 c milk
1/3 c oil
2 t baking powder

Preheat the oven to 390o.  Grease muffin tin or line with paper muffin cups.  Stir all ingredients until well combined.  Fill muffin tins about 2/3 full.  Bake for about 16 minutes.  Cool muffins slightly in pan.  Makes 12 muffins.

1 I used the Betty Crocker Wild Blueberry muffin mix.  Betty Crocker also has the following flavors:  Banana Nut, Chocolate Chip, Cinnamon Streusel and Lemon Poppy Seed.  The Cinnamon Streusel mix will use the same additional ingredients.  For the chocolate chip mix use 3/4 c water in place of the 3/4 c milk.  My grocery store does not carry the banana nut or lemon poppy seed.  I will keep an eye out for those two and update accordingly.


2 comments: