Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Shepard's Pie

Shepard's pie is such a comfort food for me.  My mom made it growing up.  I found this recipe on Pinterest.  It is suppose to be a copycat of the recipe they use at the Cheesecake Factory.  I have eaten this at the Cheesecake Factory.  They are both really good but I am not sure how close this recipe comes to the restaurant version.  I really, really liked this recipe.  It was just what I need on a cold dreary day!!  Mmmm.

This recipe took longer to make than described.  So, by the time I got it put together and in the oven, dinner was a little late.  We were starved!  So, I totally forgot to take a picture until we had already eaten half!  This is not the greatest picture and does not do it justice.  Click on the link to see a much better picture and the recipe.  But this recipe is worth the time it takes to make it.  So good!  I think next time I will try to make it much earlier and refrigerate it until closer to dinner time.


Copycat Cheesecake Factory's Shepard Pie - click to link to recipe.

Recipe notes:  I obviously omitted the egg wash at the end of the recipe.  It cooks up just fine without it.
With a little more effort, I also think this recipe could be made gluten free.  To make it gluten-free, I would recommend making sure you have a gluten-free tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce and beef broth.  I would also substituting corn starch in place of the flour.  You likely won't need as much corn starch.  Try two teaspoons but be sure to dissolve in a little water before adding it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment