Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Cinnamon Pull-Apart Loaf {Egg-free, Dairy-free}

After trying the delicious Lemon Pull-Apart Rolls, I thought something similar with cinnamon would also be good.  So, I found this recipe online and it was good!

I doubled the sugar and more than doubled the cinnamon.  I actually ran out of the sugar mixture about half way through.  I don't know if the original recipe is a typo or if I was too generous with my dipping.  Either way, I think it was great with the added sugar.  So, I reprinted the quantities I used below.

If you like this recipe, you may also like Coffee Cake (EF).




Cinnamon Pull-Apart Loaf
Slightly adapted from www.rhodesbread.com.

18 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed but still cold
½ c sugar
4 t cinnamon
1/4 c butter or margarine*, melted

Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray. Mix sugar and cinnamon together. Cut rolls in half and roll in butter and then in sugar mixture. Place in loaf. Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and let rise until double. Remove wrap and bake at 350° F for 25-30 minutes. Remove from pan and place on serving platter. Drizzle with icing.

Icing
 
1 c powdered sugar
4-5 t milk or water*
1/2 t vanilla
Combine all ingredients and mix well.  Drizzle over warm loaf.

*Dairy-free note:  As of the date of this posting, Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls are both egg and dairy free.  If you use a dairy-free margarine and water in the icing, you can have a delicious egg-free and dairy-free treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment