Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Seared Scallops

On of my all time favorite things to eat is seared scallops.  They can be a little pricey when dining out.  So, we decided to try them at home.  These are so good!!  I can't tell you how happy they made me.  To have such a delicious delicacy in my own home is such a treat.  Our kids even liked them!

The recipe we used was by Alton Brown on the Food Network.  We used one tablespoon of unsalted butter and one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.  So, we preheated our pan before adding them to keep the butter from burning.  Alton Brown didn't use extra virgin olive oil.  He just used regular olive oil which apparently is less likely to burn at high heat.  We choose to use one tablespoon of each just because it was easier to measure out.  I may have had more left over in the pan but I don't think that would matter much. 


Seared Scallops - Please click to link to recipe.  There is also a really helpful video of Alton Brown cooking scallops.

No comments:

Post a Comment