Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Easy Peach Cobbler {Egg-free}


Is it cobbler or cake?  This easy, tasty cobbler has kind of a cake-like texture, which I love.  Have I mentioned that cake is my ultimate sweet temptation?  I really can't turn any kind of cake down!  My husband's top pick is probably pie.  So, I think he prefers more of a pie-like cobbler.  Please note, he still gobbled this one right up!  Whatever your preference, this sweet, peachy dessert is delicious, especially topped with a little vanilla ice cream!

You may have seen similar versions of this recipe floating around the internet.  There are several variations.  After looking at several, I settled on two and kind of meshed them together.  I was happy with the results!
 
 



Easy Peach Cobbler



1 stick butter or margarine
1 c all purpose flour
1 c sugar
1 t baking powder
½ t salt
¼ t baking soda
1 c milk
1 large can peaches with syrup

Preheat oven to 350o.  Melt the butter or margarine and pour into a 9x13 baking dish.  In a separate mixing bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda and milk with a wire wisk or an electric mixer.  Pour the batter over the melted butter, do not stir.  Then spoon the peaches with syrup over the batter.  Again, do not mix.  Bake for about 45 minutes.  The batter will rise and the peaches will settle to the bottom.  Serve warm topped with vanilla ice cream!
Serves 8-12

No comments:

Post a Comment