Monday, September 30, 2013

Skillet Burgers

Recently, I was really hungry for a good grilled burger but it was raining.  This didn't deter me.  I just made them in my skillet.  This is a pretty simple recipe and I got my burger fix!  Let me know what you think.

If you like this recipe, you may also like Grilled Burgers (EF, DF, GF) or Grilled Steak Burgers (EF, DF, GF).




Skillet Burgers

2 pounds ground hamburger (I used 90% lean.)
3 T Worcestershire sauce*
2 t ground black pepper
2 t garlic powder
1 t salt
1 t onion powder

In a large bowl, mix ground hamburger with Worcestershire sauce and spices, until well combined.  Separate into 6-8 balls and flatten into patties.  Sear in skillet on medium-high heat, flipping burger every two minutes, for a total of 6 minutes for smaller patties and a total of 8 minutes for larger patties.  This should get you a medium-well to well done hamburger patty. 
Serves 6-8

*For those with a gluten allergy, make sure the Worcestershire sauce you use is gluten-free.  Lea & Perrins is gluten-free.


No comments:

Post a Comment