Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Fresh Apple Cinnamon Muffins {Egg-free, Dairy-free}

Sometimes, I think my family allows fruit get a little over ripe on purpose in hopes that I will make some kind of treat out of it.  We had some bruised apples that no one seemed interested in eating, that then became somewhat over ripe.  I decided I wanted to try some muffins made with fresh apples.  If you follow my blog, you may have noticed my over ripe fruit often reappears as some kind of muffin.  So, I adapted this Fresh Apple Cake (EF, DF) recipe to make muffins.  They turned great.  My husband LOVED them!!

I made 22 muffins, just two shy of an even two dozen.  As you can see, some of them are a little bigger than others.  I think you could adjust the amount you put in the muffin cups, if you wanted an exact two dozen.


Fresh Apple Cinnamon Muffins

1 c flour
1 c whole wheat flour
1 c sugar
2 t baking soda
1 t salt
2 t cinnamon
5 c apples, peeled and chopped (about 4 large)
½ c vegetable oil
¼ c honey
1 t vanilla
1 c chopped walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350° and put paper liners in muffin cups.  Set aside.  Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl, except for walnuts (if using).  With an electric mixer, beat on medium speed for 3 minutes.  Stir in walnuts.  Spoon evenly into prepared into paper lined muffin cups.  

Bake for about 20 minutes.  Cool in pan for 5-10 minutes.  Move to wire rack to cool completely.  

Makes about 24 muffins


No comments:

Post a Comment