Thursday, June 7, 2012

Honey Ginger Salmon

I got this recipe from my brother and his wife several years ago.  I am not sure where the recipe originated so I don't know who to give the credit to.  I did make a couple of minor adjustments but I certainly can't take credit for the recipe.  We have cooked it in the oven and on the grill.  It tastes great both ways.  In this picture, we cooked it on the grill.  I like to serve this with rice and a vegetable, such as roasted asparagus.

  
Honey Ginger Salmon

1 t ground ginger
1 t garlic powder
1/3 c  reduced-sodium soy sauce *
1/3 c orange juice
¼ c honey
1 small bunch green onion, chopped
1 ½ - 2 pounds salmon filet

In a large plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients.  Mix well.  Place salmon in bag and seal.  Refrigerate for several hours.  

Grill Instructions:
Preheat grill to medium.  Remove salmon from marinade and reserve marinade.  Grill 12-15 minutes per inch of thickness or until fish flakes easily with fork.  Brush with marinade during last 5 minutes.

Oven Instructions:
Preheat oven to 425o.  Place on a foil-lined 15”x10”x1” baking pan.  Bake, uncovered in preheated oven for about 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. 

Serves 6-8

* For those on a gluten-free diet, be sure to use a gluten-free soy sauce.  

No comments:

Post a Comment