Saturday, February 8, 2014

Beef and Green Beans

I  have been so surprised by how popular my recipe for Meat Potatoes and Green Beans (EF, DF, GF) has been on my blog.  I guess I am not the only one that needs a quick, easy meal for a busy weeknight that the kids will eat!  This recipe is my attempt to recreate a recipe a friend's mother made for us growing up.  So, simple but tasty!

I like to have ingredients for recipes like this one on hand for those times when groceries get low before I have a chance to get back to the store.  I keep ground beef in my freezer and almost always have the other ingredients on hand.  To make it a meal solely from the pantry and freezer, you could substitute garlic powder and onion powder for the fresh onion and garlic.  I may try that next time, as my oldest child picks out any visible onion pieces.




Beef and Green Beans

1 pounds lean ground beef 
1 clove garlic, minced 
½ onion, diced 
2 can green beans, drained 
2 8 oz can tomato sauce 
½ t dried oregano 
pepper to taste

Cook the ground beef with onion and garlic until the beef is no longer pink. Drain.  Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes.  Serve over cooked rice.
Serves 6


No comments:

Post a Comment