Sunday, April 27, 2014

Homemade Playdough

I have been a little neglectful toward my blog this month.  It has been a crazy busy month!  I will try to catch up and still make my goal of six posts this month.

Earlier this month, I made some homemade playdough.  I haven't ever had any desire to make my own playdough.  With it being so inexpensive at the store and coming in all kinds of cool colors with all sorts of fun gadgets, why bother making it from scratch?

Interject the school years and alas we do all sorts of things we don't think we would ever do.  Haha. 
Anyway, I made this with my oldest child and it turned out better than I expected.  The recipe is even egg-free, but I wouldn't recommend eating it.  I think it would make you sick!

Update (01/31/15):  Although this recipe works, I have found one I like better.  Check out today's post here.



Play Dough Recipe 
3 c flour
1 ½ c salt
6 t cream of tarter
3 T oil
3 c water (with food coloring of choice)
Mix all ingredients in pot.  Stir constantly over medium heat until ball forms.  Knead until texture matches play dough.  Keep in airtight container.  Keeps 3 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment