Sunday, May 25, 2014

Wheat Pizza Crust

Here is recipe for a healthier pizza than most!  I adapted it from my prior posting for Homemade Pizza Dough (EF, DF).  I also topped it with an almost homemade pasta sauce.  The post for the sauce is coming soon.





Homemade Wheat Pizza Dough

1 pkg active dry yeast
1 c warm water (105o to 115o)
1 t sugar
½ t salt
2 T vegetable oil
1 c whole-wheat
1 ½ c flour

Preheat oven to 425o.  Dissolve yeast in warm water.  Stir in remaining ingredients; beat vigorously for 20 strokes.  I use my dough hook on my stand mixer.  Cover with towel and let sit for about 5 to 10 minutes.  Press dough onto greased cookie sheet or pizza pan.  Cook for about 10 minutes.  Top with pizza sauce, cheese and your favorite pizza toppings.  Cook for an additional 10 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted.  Cool in pan for about 5 minutes prior to slicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment