Friday, June 27, 2014

Shrimp & Grits

I found this recipe on Pinterest and was so excited to try it.  My kids actually really love shrimp but they had not tried grits.  They liked the grits okay but gobbled up the shrimp.  My husband also really enjoyed this.



Shrimp and Grits - click to link to the recipe.

Recipe notes:  I pretty much made this recipe as described.  But I used 2 cups of broth in place of the water and bouillon cube, because that is what I had.  I also used my own Cajun Spices, adjusted for this recipe and to reduce the heat for my kiddos.  See spice adjustment below:

1/2 t seasoned salt
3/4 t garlic powder
3/4 t onion powder
Pinch white pepper
1/2 t black pepper
Pinch cayenne pepper
1/2 t thyme
1/8 t oregano

Gluten-free notes:  Grits should be gluten-free but check the label for those and the broth.

No comments:

Post a Comment