Saturday, July 19, 2014

Cowboy Caviar

I love recipes like this one because you can really make it into whatever you like.  You can add or take away ingredients that don't suit your tastes or adjust simply based on what you have available.  My sister makes this often for her family.  She sent me her recipe but I have misplaced it.  So, I looked up several similar recipes online for inspiration.

This is a great summertime dish to share with friends!  Enjoy!

If you like this recipe, you may also like Avocado Salsa (EF, DF, GF).




Cowboy Caviar 
Inspired by:  I Wash You Dry

1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can corn, drained and rinsed
2 roma or plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
1/2 small purple onion, diced
¼ c cilantro, chopped
Juice of 1 lime 
Garlic salt, to taste
2 avocados, diced

Drain and rinse black beans.  Set aside.  Drain corn.  Mix all ingredients, except avocados until well combined.  Gently fold in avocados.  Serve immediately with tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment