Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Mojo-Marinated Pork Roast

As promised from my last post, Pork Cubanos, here is the post for the pork roast that the recipe refers to.  It is actually on the same link as the prior post but further down on the page.

I am kind of weird.  I love fruit.  I love fruity desserts.  But I generally don't love fruit flavors with my meat.  But because I really wanted to try the authentic recipe used in the Chef movie to make my cubanos (see prior post), I gave this recipe a try.  Considering I don't normally like fruity meats, this recipe was really good.  I used two pork tenderloins that I got on sale.  We ate pork roast with some beans and rice the first night and made the sandwiches the second night with the leftovers.  But when you put this same roast on the sandwiches, it doesn't taste fruity at all.  Maybe the pickles and mustard perfectly complement the orange in the meat.

We liked the roast but next time, we will just go straight to the sandwiches and skip eating it any other way!  I did love the Cuban black beans and rice recipe I found.  I will post that one next!


Mojo-Marinated Pork Roast - Click to link to the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment