Thursday, December 31, 2015

Caramel Pecan Tart

I think I am a pretty good sport about my husband's food allergies.  I actually enjoy the challenge of creating recipes where no one misses the egg.  But, one of my all time favorite holiday desserts is pecan pie.  I have not yet figured out how to make this pie that normally calls for about three eggs!  Well, I have found an amazing substitute!  You HAVE to try this Caramel Pecan Tart.  It is delicious!!  It is kind of like pecan pie with more pecans and less gooey filling on top of a shortbread cookie.  It is SO good.  I made it for our Christmas dinner and everyone loved it!!  I am so pleased with this recipe that I may abandon my quest for an egg-free pecan pie.

Happy New Year!!


Caramel Pecan Tart - Please click to link to recipe.
Note:  I made this as directed by the recipe but I didn't cook it quite as long.  I think I only cooked it for about 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment