Monday, December 14, 2015

Sauteed Brussels Sprouts

I have always wanted to like Brussels Sprouts but never really have.  Until, I had them raw in a salad and liked them.  I thought there just had to be a way to cook them that actually tasted good.  Then my friend sauteed them for me!  Finally, a delicious way to eat Brussels Sprouts!  My friend just used butter, salt and pepper.  I did half butter and half olive oil. This gives you the same buttery flavor with less unhealthy fats and cholesterol.  It is also less likely to scorch with a little oil mixed in.  I made these with our Thanksgiving feast!


Sauteed Brussels Sprouts

1/2 T butter*
1/2 T olive oil
9 oz package shredded Brussels Sprouts
Salt & Pepper, to taste

Heat oil and butter until butter melts.  Add Brussels sprouts, salt and pepper and sautee about 5-6 minutes on medium heat until soften.  Serve immediately.

*If you have a dairy allergy, omit butter and double olive oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment