Monday, March 5, 2012

Cinnamon Crescents

I found these 8 Minute Mini Cinnamon Rolls on Pinterest.  I thought these were really good but they stuck to my pan like crazy.  I also think I overcooked them a little, which made them kind of dry.  I thought about trying them again but then I decided just making cinnamon crescent rolls would be easier.  The family loved them!  When I made the cinnamon crescents, I initially used 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.  Next time, I will plan to make them with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.  But then again, we really like cinnamon!  I also think I will double the recipe because my family gobbled these up pretty quick!



Cinnamon Crescents  

1 can refrigerated crescent rolls
2 T brown sugar
½ - 1 t cinnamon
½ c powdered sugar
1 T milk or soy milk
¼ t vanilla 

Mix brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.  Unroll and separate crescent roll dough.  Sprinkle each triangle with brown sugar mixture and roll up.  Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake according to package directions.  While baking the rolls, mix powdered sugar, milk and vanilla.  Drizzle icing on warm crescent rolls.  Makes 8 cinnamon crescents

Note:  I think these can easily be made dairy-free.  The brand of refrigerated crescent rolls I purchased was dairy-free and soy milk can be used in the icing.  Be sure to check the label of the crescent rolls, if you have a dairy allergy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment