Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Easy Banana Pudding {Egg-free}

I got this recipe from a co-worker several years ago.  I am not sure where the recipe originated, but I can't take credit for it.  This banana pudding is so easy and tastes awesome.  It is the perfect warm weather treat and feeds a crowd!  Can you tell I am ready for summer?  I do recommend letting it chill overnight.  It sets up so much better, that it is worth the wait.

If you like this recipe, you may also like Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream (EF, DF, GF).


Banana Pudding

1 large instant vanilla pudding mix
1 can Eagle brand milk
1 tub cool whip
Bananas – about 3 medium
Vanilla wafer cookies 1,2 – the greater portion of a 12 oz box

Make pudding according to the package directions.  Add eagle brand milk and cool whip, mixing until combined.  Layer wafers, bananas and pudding.  Top with more wafers.  Chill overnight.

1Check the label on the vanilla wafer cookies, as some contain eggs.  Nabisco Nilla Wafers do contain eggs but the Reduced-fat Nabisco Nilla Wafers do not contain egg.  Keebler Vanilla Wafers do not contain egg.  It has been my experience, that most of the generic versions do not contain egg.

2To make gluten-free, I would omit the cookies all together in the pudding and layer just the banana and pudding.  The pudding will still have the same delicious fresh banana flavor.  Then I would serve the pudding with your favorite gluten-free vanilla cookie.  I think this will keep the gluten-free cookies from getting too gummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment