Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie

I started buying fresh fruits and vegetables in bulk.  I have found that when I keep plenty in the house, we are better about eating more.  At the same time, I don't want fresh produce to go bad before we can eat it.  The solution to my problem?  Smoothies!  I tried this recipe for banana peanut butter smoothie over the weekend and it was a hit with the family.  Since I didn't come up with the recipe, I am going to just link to it.  I plan to come up with my own creative combinations soon!

If you like this recipe, you may also like Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream (EF, DF, GF).


 Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie - Click to link to the recipe.  This recipe is for 2 servings.  Here are my approximate adjusted ingredients to make a single serving.

1 medium banana peeled and sliced then frozen
1/3 c non-fat vanilla yogurt
2 T creamy peanut butter
1/4 c non-fat milk

Blend all ingredients until smooth.

Dairy-free Suggestion:  Replace the non-fat milk with soy milk (or other non-dairy substitute) and the yogurt for of crushed ice (1 c ice per serving).

1 comment:

  1. I haven't actually tried the dairy-free suggestion. If anyone tries, it let me know how you like it before I label it as dairy-free. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete