Friday, August 24, 2012

Balsamic Vinaigrette

I have been making this dressing for years.  It is good, easy and very allergy friendly!  I adapted it from a recipe I found on the Food Network by Emeril Lagasse.  I reduced the oil and salt and used garlic powder in place of fresh garlic.  Using garlic powder makes me think I can keep it in my refrigerator longer and get more use out of it.  We were invited over to our friends' house for pizza night this week.  To go with our pizza, I tossed up a yummy Italian salad made with romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, seedless cucumber, mini sweet bell pepper, pepperoni and a mozzarella/provolone cheese blend. (I forgot the black olives but they would have been a nice addition).  I hope you enjoy this dressing on your favorite salad!



Balsamic Vinaigrette
Adapted from Simple Balsamic Vinaigrette by Emeril Lagasse on Food Network 2003

¼ c balsamic vinegar
½ c olive oil
2 t brown sugar
1 t garlic powder
¼ t seasoned salt
½ t freshly ground black pepper

Place all ingredients in an airtight container and shake to mix.  Refrigerate at least 4 hours prior to serving.  Shake before each use.
Makes 6 2 Tablespoon servings

No comments:

Post a Comment