Saturday, September 22, 2012

Apple Pie with Streusel Topping

Today is the first day of my favorite season!  I really love almost everything about Fall, especially the delicious fall flavors.  So, to start off the season right, I thought I would share a recipe for the best apple pie you will ever put in your mouth!! 

Apple Pie with Walnut Streusel is a little time consuming but so worth it!  I found this recipe about five years ago on the Food Network website, courtesy of Gourmet Magazine.  That link is no longer available.  But I did find a recent post for the same recipe on Epicurious.com (ignore the accompanying ice cream recipe).  I made it as written but omitted the walnuts.  I LOVE nuts, but I seem to have several people in my life who do not eat them.  Because I enjoy sharing my kitchen creations, I often leave out nuts.  Considering that this is a food allergy blog, I think it is a safe assumption that many of you omit nuts in your cooking as well!



Apple Pie with Walnut Streusel - Please click to link to the recipe.

Notes:  I used Fuji apples in the pie pictured.  I have used all kinds of baking apples and sometimes a mixture of two or three.  The recipe suggests using a deep dish pie plate.  In the picture, I am using a regular glass pie plate.  It does bubble over so I put a cookie sheet under it during the last 30 mintues of baking.  I think I will invest in a deep dish pie plate soon . . . 



No comments:

Post a Comment