Monday, September 17, 2012

Betty Crocker Cinnabon Muffins {made egg-free}

Here is another egg-free recipe using a mix!  My post for Betty Crocker Muffins {made egg-free} was so popular that I wanted to share this one as well.   I have only seen this mix at Sam’s Club.  Two mixes come in a box.  I hope it is available in other stores.  I decided to share them on my blog regardless because they were such a big hit with the family. I am not trying to promote any particular brand of mix.  I am just sharing what we have found to work from trial and error.  I don't know how often I will buy these since I have eaten way too many!

 

Betty Crocker Cinnabon Muffins {made egg-free}

1 box Betty Crocker Cinnabon Bakery mix
3/4 c + 2 T water
6 T margarine, melted
2 t baking powder

Preheat the oven to 390o.  Line muffin tins with paper muffin cups.  Stir baking mix, water, melted margarine and baking powder together until combined.  Sprinkle cinnamon swirl mix over batter and lightly fold into batter without fully mixing.  Fill muffin tins about 2/3 full.  Sprinkle streusel topping over batter in cups.  Bake for about 17 minutes.  Cool muffins in pan for about 10 minutes.  Kneed glaze packet for about 10 seconds.   Cut off a corner of the packet and drizzle over muffins before serving.
Makes 18 muffins.

Notes:   The box says to use paper liners for best results.  We tried it both ways and the muffins baked in the paper liners did turn out better.  The box also said to use a margarine with more than 65% vegetable oil.  We used Land O Lakes margarine with 80% vegetable oil. 

No comments:

Post a Comment