Sunday, January 20, 2013

Beef Stroganoff

This recipe is an adaptation of a recipe my aunt gave me.  I like using cube steak because it cooks up a little more tender than regular steak.  Beef stroganoff is a pretty tasty recipe that pretty much everyone enjoys!



Beef Stroganoff

1½ pounds round steak, cut into cubes
1-2 T olive oil
1 8 oz package of fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 t fresh ground black pepper
1 t seasoned salt
1/3 c ketchup
1 c sour cream

Sauté onions and mushrooms in oil until tender.  Add steak, garlic, salt and pepper.  Sauté just until steak is browned on all sides.  Stir in Worcestershire, ketchup and sour cream.  Cover and simmer on low until meat is tender, about 30 minutes.  Serve over pasta, rice or even mashed potatoes!

*Lea & Perrins brand Worcestershire sauce is gluten-free.  I am not trying to promote any particular brand.  I just like to share brands that are allergen-free to make cooking easier for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment