Friday, January 25, 2013

Crispy Apricot Pork Chops

My family didn't eat much pork growing up.  I don't really have anything against pork but I also don't make it much.  I think the main reason I don't cook much pork is simply because I don't have very many recipes for it.  My brother and his wife gave me the cookbook Everyday Food for Christmas.  I decided to try a new recipe and pork chops were on special at the store, so I made Crispy Apricot Pork Chops.  My husband very much prefers his pork chops grilled, but he did say these were the best baked pork chops he had ever had!  The kids ate them pretty well, too!

The same night, I also decided to try a vegetable we don't normally eat . . . Brussels Sprouts.  It was pretty risky to make two items we don't normally eat.  So, I made some delicious rolls that I knew everyone would love.  I selected this recipe for Crispy Roasted Brussels Sprouts found on Pinterest.  Mine were more like charred Brussels Sprouts.  My husband kind of liked them charred because he said they tasted less like a Brussels sprout.  So, I think my conclusion is that maybe we just aren't a Brussels Sprouts family.  But maybe yours is, so I am providing the link.  Let me know if you have better luck with yours.



Crispy Apricot Pork Chops - I made these pretty close to the recipe, except that I used boneless pork chops.  Click the link for the recipe.

Gluten-free notes:  I also think you could easily substitute gluten-free bread in this recipe.  If anyone tries it, let me know how it turns out.  Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment