Friday, April 12, 2013

Mexican Chicken Casserole

I am always looking for interesting recipes that use chicken.  I was excited to find this recipe for Mexican Chicken Casserole, and even better that the recipe is from Cooking Light.  That means we don't need to feel guilty about eating this delicious, cheesy casserole!  I pretty much made this recipe as described so I am just going to link to it.  But next time, I think I will use my precooked Shredded Chicken rather than cook the chicken as instructed in this recipe.  I think that add too much to the prep time for a week night meal.  I actually just cooked up enough shredded chicken for four meals and put it in the freezer.  I think one of those batches may turn into this casserole.

If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy Easy Chicken Enchiladas (EF, DF).
 

Mexican Chicken Casserole - Click link for recipe. 

Gluten-free Notes:  This recipe can easily be made gluten-free.  Yay!  Just be sure to carefully check the labels, especially on the chicken broth and enchilada sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment