Friday, April 19, 2013

Chicken and Cheese Stuffed Shells

Split chicken breasts were on special at my grocery store this past week.  So, I bought two large packages.  I cooked them according to my recipe for {Slow-cooker}Shredded Chicken (EF, DF, GF).  Then I had enough chicken in my freezer for four meals!  The next question . . . What do cook with all of this chicken?  The solution for one of the packages became this recipe.  It was inspired by my own recipe for Easy Cheesy Manicotti (EF).  I was excited when my family gobbled it up!  We will be having this recipe again!! 






Chicken and Cheese Stuffed Shells

12 oz package of jumbo shells
1 lb cooked shredded chicken
16 oz part-skim ricotta
½ c grated parmesan cheese
2 c part-skim Italian blend cheese, finely shredded
½ t freshly ground pepper
1 T dried parsley
1 24 oz jar pasta sauce

Preheat oven to 350o.  Cook pasta according to package directions.  Once the pasta is cooked, rinse in cool water to stop the pasta from cooking further.  While pasta is boiling, mix chicken, pepper, parsley and all three cheeses.  Put one cup of the pasta sauce in the bottom of a large glass baking dish.  Fill cooked pasta shells with about two tablespoons of the chicken and cheese mixture and place in a glass baking dish.  Once all of the shells are filled, spoon remaining sauce over the top, cover with foil and bake for about 30 minutes. 


Serves 6-8

2 comments: