Thursday, November 7, 2013

Pesto Chicken Salad {Egg-free}

I am always looking for new and delicious meal ideas using Shredded Chicken (EF, DF, GF).  I saw this recipe on Pinterest and had to try it!  It is chicken salad made with pesto and greek yogurt, rather than maynoise.  My husband loves chicken salad and can rarely have it due to the egg in maynoise.  I love pesto so this recipe was win for all of us.  The kids even liked it!

I know this is kind of a summery recipe to share in November.  But I also think it would be delicious in a warm panini sandwich.  Maybe we can try this recipe with a little leftover turkey later this month . . .?

If you like this recipe, you may also like  Chicken Pesto Pasta (EF, GF).



Pesto Chicken Salad - Click here to link to recipe.

Gluten-free notes:  This dish can easily be made gluten-free by serving on your favorite gluten-free bread.  The chicken salad is gluten-free.  I even used Classico brand pesto to save time on making my own.  According to the Heinz website (Heinz owns Classico), Classico Basil Pesto sold in the United States is gluten-free!

No comments:

Post a Comment