Monday, November 18, 2013

Pot Roast {Slow-cooker}

Do you need an allergy-friendly roast for your upcoming holiday gatherings?  I made this roast a couple of years ago for Christmas when my brother-in-law came to our house for the holiday.  He is allergic to gluten and my husband is allergic to egg.  Having multiple food allergies for one holiday gathering makes things a little challenging.  This recipe is such a great solution!  It is allergy-friendly, delicious and can cook in my slow-cooker!  I that I can put it in the slow-cooker and spend my time visiting with friends and family!

I like to cook my carrots with my roast.  This Worcestershire in this recipe can be a little strong for veggies so you could also cook them separately, like in this Sugar-kissed Carrot (EF, DF, GF) recipe.  I like to serve this roast with carrots and Mashed Potatoes (EF, DF, GF)!  Easy, allergy-friendly and delicious recipes for a holiday or any day!

  Mmmmm . . . tender, delicious pot roast!


Pot Roast {Slow-cooker}

2 ½ to 3 pound beef roast
1 T olive oil
½ c water
¼ c Worcestershire sauce*
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 t dried parsley (1 T fresh parsley)
½ t dried thyme
1 t freshly ground black pepper
1 t salt
1 pound fresh carrots (optional)

Trim fat off the outside of the roast.  Heat oil in a large skillet on medium heat.  Sear all sides of the roast in the skillet.  Place seared roast in your slow-cooker.  Pour water and Worcestershire sauce over roast.  Sprinkle top with garlic and remaining seasonings.  Scatter carrots around edges of roast, if using.  Cook on high for about 6-8 hours or until nice and tender.    

*For those with a gluten allergy, make sure the Worcestershire sauce you use is gluten-free.  Lea & Perrins is gluten-free.

 Roast is seared and ready to cook.


No comments:

Post a Comment