Friday, December 14, 2012

Chili Con Queso

Just this week, I have made this queso for two separate Christmas parties and I forgot to take a picture both times.  I decided to share anyway because it is so easy and real crowd pleaser.  If you need something for your next holiday party, try it!

I don't necessarily try to promote brand name products with my recipes, but I am going to make brand suggestions for this recipe to help my gluten-free readers.  According to my research, the products listed are supposed to be gluten-free.  Please notify me if you know otherwise.  Enjoy!

I like to cook my chili con queso in the slow-cooker.  That is especially convenient when you are getting ready for a party.  I have even put all the ingredients in the slow-cooker before work, turned it on when I arrived and it was ready just in time for a work luncheon.  You can also cook on the stove top for considerably less time, if you are in a hurry.

Chili Con Queso

1 lb ground beef
2 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed

Brown ground beef in a skillet until no longer pink and crumbly.  Drain.  Place cooked beef in the bottom of a slow-cooker.  Top with taco seasoning, Velveeta and Rotel tomatoes.  Cook on high for about 4 hours, stirring every hour, or until cheese is all melted.  For best results, turn your slow-cooker to warm while serving.  Serve warm with tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment