Friday, May 3, 2013

Quick Guacamole

Here is a quick guacamole recipe to go with my last post for Baked Chicken Taquitos.  Most recipes for guacamole involve a lot of chopping . . . onion, tomato, cilantro, jalapenos and garlic.  Maybe someday I will post such a version.  My recipe for Avocado Salsa (EF, DF, GF) is similar to what I am talking about.  But especially on a weeknight, I do not have time to do all of that chopping.  With hungry kids, I like to get the dinner on the table a little quicker.  So, let us replace some of that time consuming chopping with pre-made salsa right out of the jar!  Yay!






Quick Guacamole

3 ripe avocados
½ c salsa
Juice from ½ lime
1 t salt
½ t garlic powder

Cut avocados in half and remove pit.  Spoon out the avocado into a bowl and mash with a fork.  (I use a potato masher.)  Stir in salsa, lime juice, salt and garlic powder, until well combined.  Serve immediately with chips, tacos, taquitos . . . 

Note:
Peeled avocados brown very easily.  The lime juice will help slow the browning some.  To save any leftover guacamole, cover in plastic wrap with the wrap touching the top of the guacamole.  This will help reduce the amount of air touching it and slow the browning.


No comments:

Post a Comment