Friday, October 17, 2014

Homemade Wheat Pizza Dough with Cornmeal

I previously posted a recipe for Homemade Wheat Pizza Crust (EF, DF).  While it was slightly healthier than the version using only all purpose Homemade Pizza Dough (EF, DF).  I was wanting to find a way to further enhance the flavor and texture.  Replacing even more of the all purpose flour with cornmeal, was just the thing to do both!  I think I have stumbled upon our favorite homemade pizza crust recipe!

Ooops.... We had already started eating when I remembered to take a picture.  
You will have to excuse my very worn and old pan.  

Homemade Wheat Pizza Dough with Cornmeal

1 pkg active dry yeast
1 c warm water (105o to 115o)
1 t sugar
½ t salt
2 T vegetable oil
1 c whole-wheat
1 c flour
½ c cornmeal

Preheat oven to 425o.  Dissolve yeast in warm water.  Stir in remaining ingredients; beat vigorously for 20 strokes.  I use my dough hook on my stand mixer.  Cover with towel and let sit for about 30 minutes.  Lightly flour your hands and press dough onto greased cookie sheet or pizza pan.  Cook dough for about 10 minutes.  Top with pizza sauce, cheese and your favorite pizza toppings.  Cook for an additional 10 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted.  Cool in pan for about 5 minutes prior to slicing.


No comments:

Post a Comment