Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pasta Salad

I love this pasta salad!  It makes a refreshing meal on a hot summer day or the perfect dish to share with friends at a cookout or picnic.  I got this recipe from my sister-in-law, who got it from a friend.  So, I really don't know who to give credit to.  I did add quantities to the ingredients to share on my blog but I can't take credit for the delicious taste!



Pasta Salad

1 box of your favorite pasta*
1 English cucumber, quartered and sliced
1 pound of grape or cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
4 oz can of sliced black olives
6 oz package of turkey pepperoni, quartered
6 oz package of feta cheese, crumbled
¼ c olive oil
¼ c lemon juice (juice of about 1 lemon)
2 t minced garlic (about 4 cloves)
1 t seasoned salt
½ t freshly ground black pepper

Cook pasta according to the package instructions.  Immediately, rinse cooked pasta in cool water to stop cooking.  In a large container, combine pasta, cucumber, tomatoes, olives, pepperoni and feta cheese.  Drizzle pasta mixture with oil and lemon juice.  Sprinkle with garlic, salt and pepper.  Toss to evenly coat.  For best results, refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving to allow flavors to exchange.  (I have also served it immediately and it is still good.)
Serves 4-6 as an entree and about 10-12 as a side dish.

*In the picture, I used a 13.25 oz package of whole grain rotini pasta.  I have used a 16 oz package of semolina pasta.  This recipe also tastes great with gluten-free pasta!

No comments:

Post a Comment