Saturday, March 23, 2013

Chicken Spaghetti

I got this recipe from one of my best friend's growing up.  It was a family favorite at their house and I was able to enjoy it with them on several occasions.  Chicken Spaghetti is one of my favorite comfort foods.  Maybe that is because it reminds me of fun times growing up with my friend or maybe creamy chicken and pasta are just my thing!

I like to use cooked chicken from my Shredded Chicken {Slow-Cooker} recipe, fresh or frozen!



Chicken Spaghetti

1 ½ pounds cooked chicken, chopped or shredded
½ onion, chopped
1 T butter or margarine
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 c milk
1 small can whole green chilies, chopped
12 oz Velveeta cheese, cubed
1 t garlic powder
½ t seasoned salt
½ t freshly ground pepper
1 pound dried spaghetti

Preheat oven to 350o.  Cook pasta according to package directions.  While waiting for water to boil and for pasta to cook, heat butter or margarine in a large sauce pan and sauté onion until translucent.  Add both soups, milk, chilies, cheese, garlic, salt and pepper.  Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until cheese is melted and all ingredients are combined.  Add chicken, stirring until incorporated. 

Once pasta is cooked, drain and rinse with cool water.  Then stir in chicken sauce mixture and spread into a lightly greased 9x13 baking pan.  Bake uncovered for about 30 minutes or until lightly browned on top and bubbly.   Let sit 5 minutes before serving.
Serves 10

No comments:

Post a Comment