Saturday, September 20, 2014

Smothered Burritos and/or Enchiladas

Who doesn't like their Mexican food smothered in a delicious sauce.  I make various kinds of smothered Mexican goodness!  These meals are some of my favorites to make for a friend in need of a dinner, especially if I know they are a fan of Mexican food.  I give them the following choices:

  • Corn or Flour Tortilla
  • Shredded Chicken, Shredded Beef, or Ground Beef
  • Red Sauce, Green Sauce or Queso (aka Cheese Sauce)
My favorite combinations are as follows:
  •  Flour Tortilla, Shredded Beef with Red Sauce, as published in Smothered Shredded Beef Burittos.
  • Flour Tortilla, Ground Beef with Queso using my recipe for Taco Meat, as pictured below.
  • Corn Tortilla, Shredded Chicken with Green Sauce, as published in Easy Chicken Enchiladas. I recommend only using the green sauce on the corn tortillas.  I think most green sauces make the flour tortillas kind of squishy, probably due to the lower fat content in the sauce. 
Queso Smothered Burritos are ready to deliver to a friend.

In case you are wondering about my calling them burritos or enchiladas...  Burritos use a flour tortilla and enchiladas use a corn tortilla. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment