Friday, February 15, 2013

Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup

I have a great recipe for Chicken Tortilla Soup that is a little time consuming.  To cut back on the preparation time, I started looking for a version that uses a rotisserie chicken or precooked cooked chicken from my freezer, like the recipe for Shredded Chicken {slow-cooker} found on my blog.  I found this recipe for Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup online and was pleasantly surprised by the result.  Delicious!! 

I made it pretty much the same as written.  I reduced the vegetable oil to just one tablespoon and cooked the onion in the oil first, until translucent, prior to adding any other ingredients.  I also used reduced fat cream cheese.

If you like this recipe, please try Taco Soup (EF, GF) or Chicken Taco Chili {Slow-cooker}.


Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup - Click the link for the recipe.

Gluten-free notes:  This recipe could easily be made gluten-free.  Check the ingredients on the corn tortillas and chicken stock/broth to make sure they are gluten-free.  Rotisserie chickens could be tricky for a gluten allergy, so use my recipe for Shredded Chicken {slow-cooker}.




No comments:

Post a Comment