Monday, August 12, 2013

Mediterranean Chicken Couscous

I hope everyone is enjoying their last days of summer break.  Here is a quick, refreshing meal perfect for busy summer days full of fun in the sun. We ate this right after I prepared it at about room temperature.  Then we ate the leftovers cool straight out of the refrigerator.  I liked it both ways, but I very much preferred it cold.  That makes it a great meal to make ahead when you know you will be in a time crunch for dinner.  I also think it would pack well for lunches.  You can even omit the chicken and serve this as a side dish.  I am loving all of the possibilities!  

Dairy-free notes:  This could easily be made dairy free if you omit the feta cheese.  You could replace the feta with a non-dairy cheese or maybe even olives.  I used the Near East Toasted Pine Nut Couscous, which appears to be dairy-free.

If you like this recipe, you may also want to try Pasta Salad (EF, GF).


Mediterranean Chicken Couscous - I made this as described in the recipe.  Please click to link.

No comments:

Post a Comment